Pancakes are one of my favourite foods! I love pancakes that are fluffy, not too sweet and easy to make! When I decided to become vegan, I realised I could no longer eat the Protein Pancakes I had eaten previously as they were made with egg!
So began my quest to find an easy to make and delicious Vegan Protein Pancake Recipe! I came across a few different recipes yet each one I tried came out either flat or tasteless. Then I found the Running on Real Food blog and decided to give theirs a go!
The result was delicious, fluffy and easy pancakes that were ready in minutes! I have found my new go-to treat!
I slightly adapted the recipe and it worked just great so here is what I used.
1 Cup Self Raising Flour
1/4 Cup Hemp Power Pro (You could use rice or pea protein also)
1 TBS Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 TBS Pure Maple Syrup
1 Cup Water
Handfull of Blueberries
1. Add all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix.
2. Add Maple Syrup and slowly add the water while mixing. Make sure the batter does not become too wet. Add more water if needed.
3. Once you have a good consistency, add in the blueberries. (or any other fillings such as banana, raspberries etc)
4. Place 1/4 cup of batter in pan on a high heat. Wait until bubbles appear through the pancake, flip and then cook for another couple of minutes.
5. Serve immediately with toppings of your choice. I went for some more fresh blueberries and real maple syrup but you can add whatever you like!
Some ideas are Chia Jam, fresh fruit, nut butter etc
Hope you like the recipe and make yourself some delicious, protein-packed vegan pancakes! Head over to the Running on Real Food blog for more delicious recipes!