Recently I have been craving sugar and snacks like something crazy! I have also been going to the gym most days so I am trying so hard not to undo my good work by eating sugar!
This led me on a quest to find a recipe for refined sugar-free, vegan cookies! I came across a book at friends place which is full of amazing plant-based recipes. While looking through I finally got to the snacks section and came across what I had been looking for!
An easy and healthy version of an all-time-favourite, Chocolate Chip Cookies! Not only did these cookies have no refined sugar added to them, they were also gluten-free!
I managed to make a batch and they turned out soft, little bit sweet and best of all, they cured my cravings! Anyway, the recipe is as below:
200g Ground Almonds
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
2 & 1/2 Tbs Real Maple Syrup (Or any other liquid sweetener of your choice)
4 Tbs Melted Coconut Oil
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
85% Dark Chocolate broken into small pieces
1. Preheat the over to 180℃ & line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Put the chocolate into a plastic bag or paper towel and hit with a rolling pin to break up into small pieces
3. In a large bowl, add in all of the dry ingredients, except for the chocolate. Mix well
4. Add in the maple syrup, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil. Mix until it becomes a soft dough
5. Scoop up pieces of dough and shape into balls. Put onto the prepared baking sheet with a space between each cookie.
6. Push chocolate pieces into top and bottom of cookies
7. Bake in oven for about 12 minutes or until they are golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and leave to cool. Either on baking sheet or on wire rack. Be careful when they are still warm as they will be soft and easy to break.
9. Eat and ENJOY!
I hope you enjoy the recipe! It is fairly easy and the cookies are delicious!!
Let me know how yours turn out!